NEW FITNESS RULES NOTICE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU HAND IN YOUR APPLICATION Recently the TLC made some Rule changes to the license application process. The new Rules include a one (1), two (2)
and three (3) year application ban depending on an applicant’s TLC and DMV history.
Please note that if TLC staff either could not or failed to determine that an application should be rejected when
submitted, and the application is accepted, the license application fees will not be refunded.
An applicant should not submit an application if the applicant’s TLC or DMV history matches the descriptions listed below.
One (1) Year Ban ‐ (if during the previous year)
* More than three (3) traffic accidents within a single year. The one (1) year ban will start from the date of the last accident.
* The traffic infraction of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
* A prior TLC application was denied because the applicant was found not fit to hold a license. The one (1) year ban will start from the date the prior application was denied.
* Illegal Use of Drugs‐ determined by a positive result on a drug test required by the TLC and where the drug test result was unchallenged or unsuccessfully challenged. The one (1) year ban will start from the date of the failed drug test.
Two (2) Year Ban ‐ (if during the previous two years)
* Conviction of six (6) or more TLC Rule violations while holding any license or licenses issued by the Commission. The two (2) year ban will start from the date of the last violation.
* Any act constituting for‐hire operation of a motor vehicle without a valid TLC License, except for the traffic infraction of unlicensed operation. Three (3) Year Ban ‐ (If during the previous three years)
* Any act, as prohibited by TLC Rules, of driving a TLC licensed vehicle while impaired by intoxicating liquor (regardless of its alcoholic content) or drugs.
* Any act, as prohibited by TLC Rules, of bribery, fraud, material misrepresentation, theft, threat against a person, harassment, abuse, or use of physical force.
* Any act, as prohibited by TLC Rules, involving possession of a weapon in a vehicle licensed by TLC.
* Revocation of a prior license. If your license was revoked, the three (3) year ban will start from the date of the revocation.
* Surrender while license revocation charges were pending. If a prior license was surrendered before the expiration date, the three (3) year ban will start from the date it was surrendered.
* License expiration while license revocation charges were pending. If a prior license expired while license revocation charges were pending, the three (3) year ban will start from the date the license expired.
An Application Can Also Be Denied for the Following Reasons:
* Mistake or Omission in the application. If the application includes any material mistake or omission, or if the applicant fails to inform the Chairperson of any material change in the application.
* Critical Driver Program: If you have accumulated 6 or more points within 15 months prior to and including your most recent DMV point violation, you would, if licensed, be subject to license suspension or revocation under the Critical Driver Program; therefore, your application will be denied.
* Pendency of Criminal Charges. The Chairperson will defer consideration of an application if the applicant has criminal charges pending. If the charges are not resolved within 90 days after the submission of the application, the application will be denied.