Thursday, May 16, 2013

Twitter busts me for supposed "aggressive following."

Twitter had kicked me off their service a couple of days ago for supposed aggressive following. I sent this post to various people and I think it did the trick as I am back, but I want to know how it came about that I had to fight to stay on twitter. May 18, 2013.

Please Don't Vomit In the Taxi  ·  Stats  ›  Audience


Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
19380
Germany
1306
France
719
Poland
656
United Kingdom
617
Russia
506
Canada
301
Ukraine
174
Sweden
168
China
167

They say I am an aggressive follower, although I follow less than two hundred accounts and had 67 followers, so I am hardly a mammoth presence on twitter.

Aggressive following

I am accused by twitter of the above violation. I do not use any mechanical or other technological method to decide who to follow, nor do I have an excessive number that I follow. I would like to know specifically which accounts I follow that made my following "aggressive." It is true that some I follow might dislike or disagree with my tweets. One person tweeeted an accusation that I violated copyright laws which is a false accusation, as I was  well within the bounds of "fair use."

Some I follow and who might be hostile to me are Mike Bloomberg, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton and Frances Robles, a reporter for the New York 'times. All of these people are "public personalities"  whose ears "ordinary people" would use twitter to reach.

Several people have been adding themselves to my follower list because they appreciate my point of view even if they might not agree with me 100%.

Am I to assume that if anyone I follow is offended by what I say I can lose my twitter account? Wouldn't it make more sense for that person to ask me to stop tweeting him or her? Is it possible that some people I tweet to with things they don't like still want to see what an opponent has to say I'd surely comply.

I am an announced candidate for mayor of New York City and my twitter account is important to my campaign. Also I blog and have one blog that reaches thousands per month. I think I have a right to see what Mike Bloomberg or Chelsea Clinton have to tweet unless they specifically ask that I stop following.

May I know whose complaint you acted upon and the content of that complaint? How did you decide that my following is "aggressive?" Lay out the specific guidelne I violated, please..