Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Avakian Cult-- COPS, MAOISTS AND WHITE PEOPLE IN HARLEM




I've covered the Avakian cult's foray into the area of the General Grant Houses, and the adventure continues. 


That I live in General Grant projects si an oddity and the result of very specific circumstances, and I'm not going to make any special claims to any insights or empathy with Black people. But yes, this is where I live and I've been living here for several years now.


There is this entity tht some people call the white left. Now also, a Black person is free to join the white left, it's not exclusivist or racist in that sense of the word racist. The Revolutionary Communist Party harkens back to the glory days f the white left, the sixties and traces its beginnings to the almost all white Students for a Democratic Society. Now all of these people (minus the paid agents) wee good minded people, some of them even quite brave and determined and motivated by love for Vietnmaese and Black people most of all.


Bob Avakian was there from the earliest days, like me except he was a leader, and I was more a middle echelon activist in a different white left operation who did not have the leadership skills to be like him.


For a couple of years now the Avakian crew has been setting up on the corner across the street from me almost every Saturday afternoon, Nore recently they've made a claim to having a "Revolution Club" here, supposedly, I guess, consisting of local people who would almost by definition be mostly Black and Latin@. Also of late every Saturday ther is in the loby of the building where I live a n image of Avakian posted to a wall along with some of his musings and praises of his great leadership.


These usually last a day or two and I have nothing to do with their removals. It's only on Saturdays, though when te white people come to the corner, that these images and words appear on the wall.


Yesterday I was walking to the bus stop to go to work when I saw them set up on a grander scale than usual and with cops apparently hassling them. Now I believe they have the right to make public fools of themselves without the cops getting all huffy nd threatening about it so I stuck around for a while and took out my little cell phone to record things, to make a contribution to any documentation of police misbehavior that might have ensued, I left when it seemed that the group was finishing up and the cops were staying in place.


I was very concerned that something could jump off that would result on a "riot" and who knows, lots of dead and injured Harlem residents. As there is no white working class neighborhood in New York nor  even a Black/white mixed one,  suppose that the white left and the cops could very well precipitate something here in a neighborhood where in my opinion, neither belong. When you think of the martyrs that the Black community has given to the Revolution, from Fred Hampton, Mark Clark, Malcolm, Martin Luther King, Avakian and his crew look like and sound like ridiculous clowns.


I wish they wouldn't ost their stupic looking shit up in the lobby where I live but as I said, I'm not touching it (only laughing at it in a sad sort of a way.


 

I'm not going to molest the Avakian shrine that's in my lobby, the Housing Authority or other residents will for certain.


The sixties white new left failed in important ways, most of all never grasped the fact that the "African American People or Black people, are a nation with rights that are not being respected, not even by the white left.

,