Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I was thinking about writing about the Harmony Burlesque


A.K.A. THE BOOK OF LAMENTATIONS:
A BITTERLY NOSTALGIC LOOK AT A CITY IN THE PROCESS OF GOING EXTINCT





A NEW YORKER IS SOMEONE WHO LONGS FOR NEW YORK

OVERHEARD IN NEWYORK


I scraped this off the above mentioned blog as I was doing research for this piece. To the best of my knowledge I have never met Jeremiah Moss and I doubt that he would agree with a lot of things I say on this blog. He has something of a following and repute and I landed on his blog because I was thinking about the old Harmony Burlesque where at times when I was quite alone and :needing" I'd wend my way their and spend about a day's pay to relax and enjoy.

The Harmony was not your typical anyplace at all. Some religious hardliners including "leftists" will scorn me for admitting that I passed several hours of contentment and several days'' wages there. To those I say, well, too bad . If you are a heterosexual man I would add the following "too bad for you you missed it." Low cost, no hustle pressure, no booze! or anything else sold there but fantasy or fantasy realization. There was no sex there in the Bill Clintonian sense of the word but I am sure that if there ever is invented something like a geiger counter for "Dopamine, oxytocin, vasopressin, phenylethylamine, adrenaline, endorphins (including enkephalins), serotonin, norepinephrine, prolactin, testosterone, estrogen (comes in 3 forms), progesterone, corticosterone (not sure about this one), nitric oxide (NO), pheremones, neutrophins, luteinizing hormone, androstenedione (precursor to male and female sex hormones), Tyrosine (precursor to dopamine and norepinephrine), pheromones (some mentioned such as testosterone), follicle stimulating hormone, cortisol, prostaglandins, thyrotropin-releasing hormones, melatonin, relaxin, cytokines, placental proteins, including human chorionic gonadotrophin (hcg) and human placental lactogen are all involved. I left out some sex hormones. " (scraped off of this page:

saod geoger counter tpe device would click out a happy beat. I want to scrape off some comments by women who worked there because I do have fond memories not only of the place but of them.