Thursday, January 30, 2014

Buddy I do not have your phone.Part One

http://pleasedontvomitinthetaxi.blogspot.com/2014/01/buddyi-do-not-have-your-phone-pt-1.html?m=1

Last Friday night was an odd one. Most nights are not too eventful and don't offer any lessons in life.  Last Friday was different.
See the guy in the picture? I hope he's back on his meds or his shrink has readjusted them.
He got into my taxi down in the Village somewhere . He said "Grand Central Station"
 I hit the meter and hit the gas and off we went.

I don't eavesdrop as such but I do have ears. The guy was telling someone "I don't have friends I have aquaintancss. You're the closest I have to a friend at the agency.

I also have aquaintances but no friends (except my estranged wife).

At around 38th Street he told me to pull over. ""Would you take me to Connecticut for a hundred 'n 'forty bucks?"

I asked him "around how long should this ride take and will you give me directions?"

"55 minutess " (odd a nswer that should have alertted  me but I was salivating over $140.00 in the last two hours of the night. SonI said  "sounds good." I have to charge you seventy twice because credit card swipes over $100 are a big hassle for me."

Okay, "we're going to Notwalk so take 95 Northh to exit 14 and I'll guide you from there." I put the first $70.00 on the meter he doesn't blink. Or swipe his card. So he'll do both swipes at the end of the ride. I never had $140.00 ride. 

We ended up back in the Bronx as he directed off I 95 North at exit 15. Westchester and back onto 95 South. And then he asked me to rreturn him his phone which I did not have. I headed for the Subway which is actually a misnomer as the subway trains run on elevated tracks on Westchester Avenue. More to come.....

l