Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I think Tupac Shakur was a great artist. I think it is right for oppressed people to rebel. One form of rebellion is to take a taxi ride and not pay for it. This imbroglio reminds me of a story about Rabbi Meir Kahane







TUPAC SHAKUR


Ghetto Gospel Lyrics
Uhh,
Hit them with a little ghetto gospel

[Chorus - Elton John:]
Those who wish to follow me (My ghetto gospel)
Are welcome with my hands
And the red sun sinks at last into the hills of gold
And peace to this young warrior without the sound of 
guns

[2Pac] 
If I could recollect before my hood days 
I'd sit and reminisce, think of the bliss of the good 
days 
I stop and stare at the younger, my heart goes to'em
Aids tested, it was stressed that they under
In our days, things changed
Everyone's ashamed to the youth cuz the truth look 
strange
And for me it's reversed, we left them a world that's 
cursed, and it hurts
'Cause any day they'll push the button
And all good men like Malcolm x and Bobby Hunton, died 
for nothin'
Don't let them let me teary, the world looks dreary
When you wipe your eyes, see it clearly
There's no need for you to fear me
If you take the time to hear me, maybe you can learn to 
cheer me
It ain't about black or white, 'cause we're human
I hope we see the light before its ruined
My Ghetto Gospel

[Chorus - Elton John]
[| From: http://www.elyrics.net |]


[2Pac]
Tell me do you see that old lady aint it sad
Living out a bag, but she's glad for the little things 
she has
And over there there's a lady, crack got her crazy
Guess she's givin' birth to a baby
I don't trip and let it fade me, from outta the frying 
pan
We jump into another form of slavery
Even now I keep discouraged
Wonder if they take it all back will I still keep the 
courage
I refuse to be a role model










http://cosmicx.blogspot.com/2006/11/rabbi-meir-kahane-was-not-racist.html

A racist does not respect" the other".and imagines flaws and shortcomings that are supposedly inherent or genetic where the issueis in fact a conflict of nationalities or classes.

BTW I am not pro Kahane in the least. I just do not think that the Israeli Knesset is standing on any moral high ground vis a vis Kahane. I think the word "racist" is often not used correctly and does not explain an actual situation. I agree with Kahane in the snse that to respect the Palestinian Arab as a full human being is to understand that he will never accept the Israeli presence in his land. I agree with the Palestinian, not with the Israeli. The Israeli Knesset expelled Kahane and his party for being "racist" which to me is a laugh riot. Anyone who thinks that in their hearts Palestinians are going to accept Israel is the racist, not giving them their due respect.

Now, someone like Lester Maddox was a racist. He owned a restaurant and would not allow Black people to enter and be served. When the law finally compelled him to do so he would publicly destriy any drinking glass that had been handled by a Black customer, to show the white racists that they would not ever share a glass with any Black person in his establishment and of course to create an atmosphere where no Black person would want to enter the place. That's racism. It is disgusting.

I believe that Black people, and especially young Black men have ethe moral right to be furious all the time and to act on it when and where they feel they can. That is the right of oppressed people to rebel.

As a taxi driver I am between a rock and a hard place because I know I "represent" a symbol of oppression, even Blacks who drive taxis also do. It stands to reason that many a young Black man feels honor bound to ripoff the taxi driver one way or the other and feels justified. What then if I tell you that

1- I agree.
2- I still have to earn a living in the way available to me.
3- My  previous  post about my experiences with several Black passengers is truth and reality based.
4- Puts me in a royal jam, doesn't it.